Grilled Vegetable Salsa
2 bell peppers, halved, stemmed and seeded (I used 1 green pepper and 1/2 each red and yellow)
1 onion, quartered
1 3/4 cups cooked black beans (or one can, rinsed and drained)
1 cup frozen corn, thawed (oops I forgot to put this in)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (I had cilantro paste in the fridge so I just used a good squirt of that)
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tsp minced garlic
Dash of salt
Dash of black pepper.
Steak, shrimp or chicken, if desired
Chopped tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, sour cream or other toppings of your choice
1. Prepare peppers and onions.
2. Send husband outside to grill them while wearing nasty fake teeth.
3. Supervise from a distance.
4. Grill for about 10 minutes, until tender.
5. Once tender, chop grilled veggies (and meat if using) up as finely as you like.
6. Place in a medium bowl. Mix in beans, cilantro, lime juice, EVOO, garlic, salt and pepper.
7. Serve on tortillas with grilled steak, chicken or shrimp. We had leftover steak from the night before. It had already been grilled so hubby just placed it on the top rack of the grill to reheat. Serve topped with cheese, chopped tomatoes, tomato salsa and whatever other toppings you like. If desired, grill fajitas for 30 seconds before serving.