Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Apple Butter Banana Muffins

I jotted down a recipe for Apple Butter Banana Bread from a Better Homes and Garden's magazine back in the summer, before I had made my apple butter, knowing that I would want to try it. I finally got around to making it this weekend but decided to adjust it to be muffins instead. The flavours blend together very well. Served with a dab of apple butter spread over them and they are delicious!

Apple Butter Banana Muffins - adapted from BHG
1 1/2 cups flour (1 all purpose: 1/2 whole wheat)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup apple butter
1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/8 cup vegetable oil

1. Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Make a well in the centre of the bowl.

2. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar, banana, apple butter, applesauce and oil.

3. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Do not over mix.

4. Divide batter into 12 greased or lined muffin cups. I usually just grease the pan, but I have some super cute Christmas muffin wrappers that I'm going to use between now and Christmas.

5. Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.

Makes 12 muffins.

This recipe is being shared at Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Tuesday's at the Table and Tasty Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. do these remind you of your mom's, or are they too bananaey (if that's a word?!)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    These sound so yummy! I love bananas and apple butter, what a great combination. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    A View of My Life
    http://splummer-aviewofmylife.blogspot.com/2009/11/tempt-my-tummy-tuesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is definitely going into the "To make" file. Yummy!!!

    XO*T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using apple butter. Sounds so YUMMY!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got apple butter and bananas. hmm

    ReplyDelete