This bread is so full of yummy grains and is pretty light if you are sure to let it rise long enough.
Country Grain Bread - adapted from America's Best Bread Machine Baking Recipes
1 1/4 c warm water
1 tsp salt
3 T brown sugar
2 T oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup dry milk powder
1/4 cup cracked wheat
1/4 cup 7-grain cereal
2 T flax seeds
2 T wheat bran
2 T wheat germ
2 tsp yeast
1. Measure ingredients into bread pan in the order listed. Select dough cycle.
2. When cycle is complete, remove dough. Cover and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
3. Knead gently, form and place in greased loaf pan.
4. Cover and let rise for 30-45 minutes until doubled.
5. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
And of course, like always, I forgot to take a picture of it when it came out of the oven.
Makes one loaf.