This is a spin-off of one of my favourite's and came into existence because I had some ingredients I needed to use up.
Chicken, Bacon and Spinach Alfredo
1/2 cup chopped onion
A drizzle of EVOO
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups Alfredo sauce (1/2 of this recipe or one jar of store bought sauce)
1 package frozen cheese filled tortellini
1 cup cooked, chopped chicken or turkey
3 slices bacon crisp cooked and crumbled
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup Parmesan
1 cup bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400. Over medium heat, cook onion and garlic, drizzled in EVOO for 2-3 minutes, until onion is tender.
2. Stir in Alfredo sauce, tortellini, chicken, milk, water and peas.
3. Heat mixture until it comes to a gentle boil (about 10 minutes), whisking occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in bacon and spinach.
4. In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
5. Transfer pasta mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
6. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
7. Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are bubbly.
Makes 6 servings.
This recipe is being shared the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap.