Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pear and Zucchini Bread

Awhile ago I spotted this recipe for Pear Zucchini Bread from Kara's Kitchen Creations. I've had it on my to-make list for a while and now that pears are ripe, it seemed the perfect time! Although Kara's recipe makes two loaves, I cut it in half because I only had enough pears for one.

Pear Zucchini Bread - slightly adapted from Kara.
1 cup peeled, diced pears
1/2 cup grated zucchini
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 T oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup unbleached white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional (I omitted)

Whisk together pears, zucchini, sugars, egg, applesauce, oil and vanilla.

In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.

Add dry ingredients to wet and combine.

Place batter in a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. yummy! too bad we just used up the last of our pears. next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great :) I've missed reading your recipes. Glad to be back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete