Monday, April 6, 2009
Ciabatta - modified from America's Best Bread Machine Baking Recipes
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/s tsp yeast
1. Add ingredients to bread pan in order listed. Select dough cycle. When cycle is complete, turn dough out onto slightly floured surface. This dough is extremely sticky! Try your very best not to add more flour, although it might be necessary to add a wee bit in order to shape it.
2. Cover with a large bowl and let rest for 15 minutes. Divide dough into two equal portions. Shape each into an oval. (I did not do so well with the shaping part of this recipe).
3. Place on lightly floured baking stone and make indentations all over loaves with floured fingers.
4. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes or until doubled. Make indentations once again.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 425.